Bat signal

18:51

I've been listening to modern poets with their random words and witty lines.
I try to find some inspiration, might get motivated to write my own version.
Yet when I try to think of a clever line or words that rhyme, I find myself writing about you.
You're like this force that draws every bit of me towards you. Like gravity, pulling every matter to the center of the earth.
All your clichés brightens my every day.
My day which only starts when you greet me, "good morning.."
Morning which doesn't really matter how early or late that is, when my day and night only consist of your good mornings and good nights.
Night that I feel so long when you're still asleep and I wait for you to turn up like I wait by the open ocean for a swell wave to ride back to the shore.
That long shore, welcoming me, like your arms stretched out, willing to take the tired me in. Wrap me in your warmth without judgement on how I stood or fell from my board.
But I don't want this to end and only talk about you.
I want this to be about the universe, about the stars and why aliens have yet to comeback.
I want this to be about My favorite writer, the books I read, the places where I love to read, the kind of shows that interest me, the movies I re-watch every time a certain feeling urges to be satisfied.
How I find watching people fascinating and my attempts, Oh! my attempts to change the subject of this rambling. But, no matter how I shifted the words and twisted the lines, it always pulls me back, to you.
Like two ends of a magnet's pole, my tongue and my brain points to you.
The you, who I find hard to trust but I tell everything to.
You, with your secrets covered by your flowery words and silence when you feel bored yet you don't want tell me. Oh! How I wish you tell me 'coz I know you get tired. I know, we've been a routine for quite a while now. But hey, I hate your silence, if you must know.
I hate when you can not talk to me and I response quicker than Superman dodging from a speeding bullet the soonest I hear from you. You're like this kryptonite weakening my defences. Like the hulk, smashing over my towering walls.
But me without you is like Batman in a crime-less Gotham, battling with myself in the dark. Hoping for the bat signal to light up my clouded starless sky.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Music, photographs and literary works are owned by rehinapola unless stated. Powered by Blogger.
Making Imaginary Friends Handy